The 2019-2020 Fulmore Magnet Application is now available and is attached below. It is important for all families to read through the entire application which details our three strands, their corresponding electives and information about how students are assessed. In addition, the application has a form to fill out if your student would like to shadow a Fulmore student for a day in January as well as the two teacher recommendation forms that are required. Families must submit an application in order for Shadow requests to be considered. Shadow requests are filled on a first come, first served basis. We encourage you to turn one in early as this is a high request item. Thanks!
AISD has created an Intent to Apply to a magnet /Application Program page through the parent cloud to streamline the application process for families whose students are current AISD students. We highly encourage all AISD families to utilize the common application page which will pull your student's STAAR scores and grades. This will also enable you to send teacher recommendation forms to your student's teachers. Out of district families will use the magnet application posted on this page. IF YOU ARE ALREADY ENROLLED IN AISD, PLEASE BEGIN THE PROCESS ONLINE! HERE IS HOW:
1. Go to the Parent Cloud: https://my.austinisd.org and log in. If you do not yet have an account, you can create one.
2. Search for and click on "Intent to Apply to a Magnet/Application Program 2018-2019".
3. Choose your student and click on the program(s) your child will apply for.
4. Make note of the remaining pieces of the program's application process.
5. When you click "Submit", the following components of the application will automatically be forwarded to us:
- General Student Information
- STAAR Scores for 2017-2018 in Reading and Math
- Grades for the 1st two grading periods of Fall 2018
6. After you click "Submit", you will see a link for "Teacher Recommendations". Click on this link to send the recommendation form to your teachers. Please follow up with your teachers or our office to ensure the teachers have sent their recommendations.
If you are not currently enrolled in AISD, we prefer that you complete the application on paper. The full application is attached to the bottom of this page in PDF format.
RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS: Please note that according to AISD School Board Policy, applicants must show proof of residence within the AISD boundaries by the application due date. This proof may include documentation indicating that the student's family will occupy a residence that has been purchased or leased within 45 calendar days of the application due date. Residence within AISD boundaries must be maintained in order to remain in the Fulmore Magnet Program. If a student moves out of AISD while attending the program, he/she will be allowed to finish the semester in the program. Principals or directors may request proof of residence at any time. If you submit a transfer request for a priority or general transfer prior to applying to this program, acceptance into this program will supersede an approved priority or general transfer.